« Attention Deficit Disorder Carnival #36 | Main | Repost: Ways for an ADD adult to waste money during the holidays »



Depending on your tax rate it's possible that you could still come out ahead even without spending everything, because the full amount of the withholding comes off of your income.

Also, our FSA plan accepts OTC stuff, so though it's not the best use of the money stocking up on aspirin, cold medicine, etc., is better than forfeiting a few hundred dollars. We just needed to keep receipts and file for reimbursement.


Actually, I was mistaken. The forfeited amount would be taxable.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Living with ADD


  • The correct medical term for Attention Deficit Disorder is ADHD. There are 3 subtypes of ADHD: Predominantly inattentive(commonly called ADD), Predominantly hyperactive-impulsive, and Combined. Through out this blog and the ADHD related sites linked from this blog the terms ADHD, AD/HD, and ADD are used interchangeably.



  • Any information posted on Adult ADD and Money does not constitute professional and/or medical advice. Information posted on www.adultaddandmoney.com is intended for educational and support purposes only. Adult ADD and Money does not necessarily recommend any specific product or service provided by paid sponsors and advertisers of the website.
Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 05/2005